Please click the button to buy via Paypal. After receiving payment I will personally send you an email with the download link for the PDF e-book. Please allow up to 12 hours for me to respond to your purchase (as you might order when it is the middle of the night in the UK).
The Lace Trail
The accompanying book to the BP Travel Award project. Researching the history of early lace in The Netherlands, Belgium and England and creating new paintings inspired by my findings.
- Essays on art history
- Exploration of the work of Johannes Verspronck
- Exploration of William Larkin’s portrait of Diana Cecil
- Exploration of how lace was painted by various early 17th century painters
- The meaning of fashion in the early 17th century
- Overview of the development of lace in the late 16th and early 17th century
- Descriptions of my research visits to Honiton and Bruges
- Peek into the studio with essays on my inspiration and working process for the paintings created for this project.
- Portfolio section with all the paintings created for this project
Published via Blurb. Click the button to go to the book store (full preview).
Softcover £30 / $44.23 / €36.49
Hardcover £40 / $60.82 / €50.36