- Harley Gallery, Welbeck Abbey, Identity & Dress, solo exhibition, Worksop 2016
- Catto Gallery, duo-show, London 2016
- Royal Society of Portrait Painters, Mall Galleries, London 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018
- Manchester Art Gallery, Artists in the Frame: Self Portraits by Van Dyck and Others, 2015
- BP Portrait Award, National Portrait Gallery, London 2013, 2014
- Pastel Society, Mall Galleries, London 2012, 2014, 2015
- Royal West of England Academy of Art RWA, Bristol 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Royal Institute of Oil Painters ROI, Mall Galleries, London 2011, 2015
- Society of Women Artists SWA, Mall Galleries London 2011, 2012, 2013, 2017
- Royal Birmingham Society of Artists RBSA, Portrait Prize Exhibition, 2013, 2017
- Royal Society of Miniature Painters, 2017
- Bath Portrait Prize, 2012
- Bath Society of Artists, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Blackheath Gallery, London, 2016
- Lime Tree Gallery, Bristol, 2014-2015, 2019
- Haynes Galleries, Nashville/Thomaston, USA, 2013 – 2016
- Principle Gallery Alexandria, USA, 2014
BP Travel Award
In 2013 I won the BP Travel Award at the BP Portrait Award exhibition, which gave me the opportunity to research 17th century portraiture and the depiction of lace and fabrics in it. Inspired, I created 10 new paintings, a selection of which were exhibited within the BP Portrait Award 2014 Exhibition, which toured from the National Portrait Gallery in London, to the Scottish National Portrait Gallery in Edinburgh, Sunderland and Wales.
- 2d Prize International Artist Magazine Still Life Competition, 2015
- BP Portrait Award: Travel Award, 2013
- Winsor & Newton Choice Award, Society of Women Artists, 2011
- Finalist Artist & Illustrator’s Self Portrait Competition, 2007
- Sophie Ploeg, A Guide to Soft Pastels, Jackson’s Art Blog, August 2019.
- Sophie Ploeg, Artists & Illustrators Magazine, Oil Myths Busted: Toxicity, September 2018, pp. 52-53.
- Sophie Ploeg, Artists & Illustrators Magazine, Oil Myths Busted: Brushes, August 2018, pp. 56-57.
- Sophie Ploeg, Artists & Illustrators Magazine, Oil Myths Busted: Medium, Summer 2018, pp. 66-67.
- Sophie Ploeg, Artists & Illustrators Magazine, Oil Painting Myths Busted: Supports, July 2018, pp. 66-67.
- Sophie Ploeg, Artists & Illustrators Magazine, Pastel Papers, June 2018, pp. 58-59.
- Sophie Ploeg, The Bark, The 17th-Century Golden Age of Dutch Paintings: Dogs are Everywhere, Fall 2017, issue 91, pp. 72-79 (read here)
- Sophie Ploeg, Oil Painting on a Copper Panel, Jackson’s Blog, November 2017
- Sophie Ploeg, The Lace Trail, Blurb books, 2014. (publication by Sophie Ploeg to coincide with the BP Travel Award)
- Sophie Ploeg, The Jackdaw, The Lace Trail, 2014
- Sophie Ploeg, The Pastel Journal, The fabric of life: the texture of textiles, February 2014, p. 48-55
For academic publications see the Research page
Art Work Published in
- Natalie Milner, Costume Drama, Artists & Illustrators Magazine, December 2016, pp. 43-47, (Article about Sophie's work: read here).
- Work published in Artists & Illustrators Magazine, 2007, 2008, 2012.
- International Artist Magazine, 2015
- American Art Collector, 2015
- 500 Portraits: 25 Years of BP Portrait Award, National Portrait Gallery, 2015
- BP Portrait Award, exhibition catalogue, National Portrait Gallery, 2013, 2014
- Pratique des Arts, issue 103, 2012
- Ph.D Art & Architectural History, Vrije University Amsterdam, University of Groningen (Rhetorical Theory and English Baroque Architecture)
- MA Art & Architectural History, Vrije University Amsterdam